Monday, January 7, 2008

Off to Church We Go!




Yesterday was Lainey's second time going to church. She got all "prettied-up" in a dress her MiMi bought her and off we went. Now Sam and I smart enough to know what will keep her quiet during the service - a bottle of course. We went prepared with the "big cereal bottle" that she has in the morning. As soon as services started, we popped that sucker in her mouth. She did fantastic the first 4 ounces, but the last 2 ounces - the last 2 that make her drift off to sleep - didn't have the same effect that they normally do. She was working on those last 2 ounces during Father Jim's sermon and let me tell you, she wanted to chime in. She started coo'ing and ah'ing - loudly! I kept my hand steady on that bottle as if silently begging her to keep eating. It was all I could do not to burst out laughing myself and finally Lainey won out. We made our exit so she could finish her conversation with mommy. I think she was trying to tell me about the humorous present she left me in her diaper - she always waits until the most opportune times to do that. Anyway, after she had a clean diaper on, we finished our conversation and she drifted off into a sweet sleep. I guess some conversations just can't wait!

No comments: