The latest update we got from the doctor on Monday was that she plans to induce me around the 21st if my body has made any type of progress on its own. If I have not dilated at all and Lainey has not come on her own by my due date, then the doctor will induce on the 29th - per my request because Sam would love nothing more than for her to be born on his birthday! Hopefully my body will cooperate and we will have a baby in 3 short weeks! Lainey is still doing wonderfully and her heart rate at the last appointment was in the 130's, still nice and strong. She moves around in there as best as she can, but she is becoming less active because there is just no more room. She gets the hiccups often these days and it is funny because she gets very agitated with them. I just try to change positions in hopes that helps her get rid of them - poor baby!
As the time grows near, I still can't believe how quickly time has passed. My mind wanders back to February. At Grandmother's funeral, I will never forget Sam putting his arms around me - hand on my stomach - and I just knew. I had this feeling way down deep that I was pregnant. We even talked about it that dreary cold Monday afternoon. Then, a few days later on the 14th, we got the confirmation from the doctor's office that we were indeed pregnant. I will never forget how excited, nervous and scared I felt on that day. On one hand I was joyful that God was giving us another shot at this miraculous gift and on the other I was fearful to lose it again. I lifted it up to Him and He slowly put all my fears at ease. Before I knew it the hemorrhage was gone and I was into my 2nd trimester and awaiting the next milestone - finding out the sex. And now...here we are...weeks away from the arrival of our little girl. It is all still so surreal to me. I just don't think it will truly set in until she is right where she is supposed to be - in my arms.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment