Friday, May 18, 2007

Ok, for those of you who like a little humor...this is a picture of Sam's creation! For those of you who don't know, Sam is going on a mission trip to Savannah Georgia with the youth in our church. They will spend a week out there repairing homes of those in need, elderly, etc. Sam is the ONLY male chaperon going on the trip (please say a prayer for him). To distinguish themselves from the other youth groups that will be there, they are taking a cross to put at their meeting site (where they will gather each morning before starting work). Since our church is Good Shepherd, the kids decided they wanted to make & tie sheep to the cross. Yes, even Sam was tasked with making a sheep of his very own. He designed and made this sheep all by himself. Now granted I did go with him to Hobby Lobby for the supplies, but he picked everything out. I was merely there for moral support! In making this sheep, we laughed harder than I have laughed in a long time! Even if no one else likes the sheep, he and I will always have the memory of making this poor sock sheep! It is endearing to know that Sam cares about these kids and wants to take this journey with them! He leaves June 16th and will return on June 23rd. Please pray pray that God fills Sam and these kids with His holy spirit as they witness God's love and tenderness to the people of Georgia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the Sheep! He needs a name - and I hope Sam brings him back as a part of his memories of this experience! We will be praying for you, Sam! Thanks for taking on the tremedous task of being a missionary to the lost!